AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya tile rendering - each tile has a different frame number

When rendering multiple frames with region rendering activated (By specifying the frame in single job Frame). each region comes out with a different frame number, so the assembler fails to assemble the regions since it expects a specific frame number. For example I get

_region_0_cam_17_v05.0001.exr
_region_1_cam_17_v05.0002.exr
_region_2_cam_17_v05.0003.exr

Instead of :

_region_0_cam_17_v05.0001.exr
_region_1_cam_17_v05.0001.exr
_region_2_cam_17_v05.0001.exr

(same behavior in both tile rendering and jigsaw mode).

The only way we don’t get issues is when we deactivate “Submit all tiles as a single job”, in which case we get a job for each region, but that makes the visibility in deadline monitor difficult.
This is a behavior we started getting only recently.
We are using
Repository Version: 10.1.9.2 (3d6a64d94)
Integration Version: 10.1.9.2 (3d6a64d94)

This is a behavior we did not have in the past when we used 10.0.27.2

This was a regression, I am not sure which build it came in, but I know in which build it was fixed - 10.1.11. It was deep in the Deadline Worker code, not in the integration scripts/plugins.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html#deadline-10-1-11-5

General Improvements

…

• Fixed an issue with Single Frame Tile jobs rendering incorrect frames for each tile.
1 Like

Aha ! I actually followed every release since I noticed this bug, but that is what I missed ! it was in the general improvements section, because I kept looking on application plugins improvements section. Should’ve done a Ctrl+F haha. Thanks again Bobo always quick and effective support ! I’ll update our machines asap for this.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences