AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Missing DEADLINE_PATH variable during AWS Portal install (linux)

-------- edit ------------
Not solved, but I may be better off running AWS Portal on my workstation, rather than fileserver. Consider this a low priority question ;>)

Installation issue:
Attempting a console install of AWSPortalLink fails with “missing DEADLINE_PATH environmental variable” , yet it seems to be there. From “env” command:
“…
LOGNAME=jeffreysbrown
SSH_CONNECTION=[###]
LESSOPEN=| /usr/bin/lesspipe %s
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
LESSCLOSE=/usr/bin/lesspipe %s %s
DEADLINE_PATH=/opt/Thinkbox/Deadline10/bin
…”
I only have training wheel level for Linux, so it may be something obvious.
Ubuntu 14
Deadline 10.21.5 installers
MongoDB working,
Deadline Repository and Client installed.
Machine rebooted.

It may be a poor error message. Usually we need that environment variable to find deadlinecommand.

Quick test would be to try running this on the command line:

$DEADLINE_PATH\deadlinecommand pools

I’m expecting some grumpiness there. Also, find the log named “bitrock[something]” in the “/tmp” folder of that Linux machine. It provides some handy hints usually. You’ll have to be root to read it, but scrape out anything that you don’t want to share here and upload the rest and I’ll take a look.

I’m seeing the same error on xubuntu running in virtualbox (host is a mac, so I’m using virtualbox to run aws portal because parts of it can’t run on a mac). Here is my bitrock_installer.log:

Log started 09/23/2019 at 11:08:54 
 Preferred installation mode  :  gtk
 Trying to init installer in mode gtk
 Mode gtk successfully initialized
 Setting variable deadline_client_version_string from /deadlinecommand

There were also some other weird issues from the installer, like trying to call deadlinecommand as if it is at the root folder, which I got around by adding a link at the root folder to the /opt/Thinkbox/Deadline10/bin/deadlinecommand. I also had to modify that bash script so that it would use the correct directory as well.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences