AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Modo Octane submission

Is there a Modo Octane submission on the roadmap?

Modo V-Ray is very convenient - just a check box to tell it to render with V-Ray instead of Modo.
A similar option for Octane would be great, but if that’s too complex is there another workaround?

Currently I save out an ocs from the Octane viewer in Modo and go thru Octane standalone but sure would be nice to just submit directly from Modo.

Are you looking for an “export” option where we generate the OCS files for you for Octane standalone, or you just want to use Octane on the farm within Modo?

I went spelunking into the Modo plugin and it does look like we needed to call the renderer explicitly for V-Ray…

What happens when you submit a Modo job with Octane as the renderer?

As far as I know there’s no way to submit a Modo job with Octane as the renderer (like you can with V-Ray).
But maybe I missed something…?

I’m happy to run the octane.saveAnimation command to do the export first. I just thought it would be nice to stay in Modo for submission instead of having to do Submit > 3D > Octane via the Monitor.

Well, there’s this tiny guide on how to set up your outputs to work. I’d think you would just submit a job from there without having the V-Ray box checked.

I believe that will just use the Modo renderer.

This might be a bit silly, but since you’re set up with it already could you give it a try the next time you have some work to send off to the farm? I’d expect the progress text in the render logs to be different than the standard renderer. If it’s not, I’ll go and open a dev issue for folks. It would save me time figuring everything out.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences