AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Mongo Database server is incorrectly configured, currently offline, blocked by a firewall, or experiencing network issues

Hi everyone, When I try to submit the mission to our render node, it shows this error. I test the local computers and they work. However, when I submit to our render node it shows this error. “Submission Contains No Auxiliary Files.
Error: An error occurred while trying to connect to the Database 172.16.X.X:27017. It is possible that the Mongo Database server is incorrectly configured, currently offline, blocked by a firewall, or experiencing network issues.” I close all the firewall. But I still get this error. I use Deadline 10, My OS server is Ubuntu 22.04.2LTS. Does everyone know how to solve it?

Would appreciate any help, thank you.

Cheers!

Hung

Is the database program running? Show us more info.

Hi Mois,

When I want to use ‘sudo service mongod start’ and check ‘sudo service mongod status’ It shows “Failed to start mongo.service: Unit mongo.service not found.” and “Unit mongod.service could not be found.” How should I do? Should I reinstall the mongodb? I thought I install the mongodb 6.0.6 tgz from DeadlineRepository installation already.

I’m so appreciate your help, thank you.

Cheers!

Hung

The service is called Deadline10db or something similar. If a service was not created, you can also start the database manually.
There are some instructions in the docs
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/install-db-repo-manual-db-install.html

@Hung_An_Chen

Thanks for reaching out. First things first, mongodb 6 is not supported by Deadline yet so that won’t work. I need to know more about how did you install the DB? did you use Deadline Repo installer and selected prepacked binaries or you installed manually by following the instructions from Mongo website?

If former then the db service name will be Deadline10Database and for latter it will mongo. You can test by running below, if instance of the database is running or not.
ps -aux | grep mongo*

Please also share the following:

1. Does the Monitor on the machine in question connects?
  2. Chare the file [Repository]/settings/connection.ini
  3. Share the DB configuration file [Database]/mongo/data/config.conf
  4. Share the client configuration file from machine in question it lives here: Client Configuration — Deadline 10.2.1.1 documentation

Hi Zainali,

I do the former, but I download the mongo db 6.0.6 gtz file from mongo website. And when we install deadline Repository we select pre-packaged Binaries and select mongodb to install.

1. Monitor is connected. However, when we want to submit the render to render node it failed.

Here is my file with screenshot

I’m really appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Cheers!

Hung

sorry I can’t upload the file, so I use wetransfer to upload the file with the link

Hi Mois,

Do you install Ubuntu 18.4 for mongoDB 4 or lower version? Cause My system is Ubuntu 22.0.4 and I want to follow the document to download suitable mongoDB for Ubuntu 22.0.4. However, I can’t find one on mongoDB website. Do you have a solution?

Would appreciate any help, thank you.

Cheers!

Hung

We use 22.04 also. You should be fine.

Hi Mos,

Thank you for your help. May I ask is this version works?
Would appreciate for your help, thank you.

Cheers!

Hung

I don’t know, sorry.

Hello I looked at the files you have attached here and found that your Database has authorization set to disabled but repository settings have authorization enabled.
Repo:
DB:

If you have the same system running please change the file: [Repository]/settings/connection.ini with below:
Authenticate=False

This value is for user authentication and should match with your DB settings.

Ubuntu 22 is not a supported OS for Mongo which is why our docs do not mention it: System Requirements — Deadline 10.2.1.1 documentation

I once went down to that path of installing Mongo on an unsupported version and had some trouble with missing packages. I am putting the steps I followed here if you want to give that a try.

• Download Mongo 4.4 (latest) binaries-tar.gz for Ubuntu from MongoDB downloads
  • Run the Repo installer and point it to pre-packaged binaries when asked to either download Mongo DB or Install from binaries
  • After that run the Client installer on Ubuntu 22, it will install but will fail to open (Monitor) due to libffi.6.so
  • Now download the package from mirror: http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/libf/libffi/libffi6_3.2.1-8_amd64.deb
  • Then install it: /libffi6_3.2.1-8_amd64.deb which actually installs it in usr/lib64/libffi.6.0.4 if not follow below:
    cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libffi.so.6.0.4 /opt/libffi.so.6.0.4
    ln -s /usr/lib64/libffi.so.6 /opt/libffi.so.6.0.4
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences