AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Monitor script - running a bat file on slaves

Hi,

I’m trying to get a batch file to run on selected slaves in the Deadline monitor.

I thought I had a solution with a python script that triggers the bat file, but it just seemed to run on my machine (rather than the targeted slave)

Can anyone point me in the right direction of being able to select multiple slaves and run a monitor script to start the bat file (basically like the execute command option, but in a nice pretty script)

Thanks.

Hello!

Monitor scripts will run from the machine you are executing it from. If you would like to have a right click script that executes something on a remote machine you would need to have that script send a remote command to execute a batch file.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/2_Scripting%20Reference/class_deadline_1_1_scripting_1_1_slave_utils.html#a8ac33b07adbebb04c1941ecc42c819b1

Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for that info. I managed to get it working by using the start/stop services python file on the repo as a base and stripping all the button commands out.

One thing I can’t figure out though is that my script doesn’t show up when I select multiple computers to run it on.

I tried making a copy of one of the other scripts in the same folder, and that doesn’t show when selecting multiple computers either (but the original file shows up…)

Any idea why that is, or what it is referencing that is stopping the script from showing when selecting multiple machines?

Thanks.

-jaime

You need to enable the multi selectability for your script from “Configure Script Menus”.

Thanks @panze

I had no idea that scripts menu existed!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences