AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

New Build Available: 2.1.8.51287

Krakatoa MY 2.1.8.51287 was publicly released on April 30, 2013.

Download:
thinkboxsoftware.com/krakatoa-my-downloads/

Release notes:

• Added support for Maya 2014.
  • Added the ability to do vertex-based motion blur on matte meshes.
  • Added vertex-based motion to “PRT Volume” particles if their underlying mesh has vertex motion.
  • Added the progress updates and the ability to cancel during “Particle Repopulation”.
  • Fixed density problems with “Particle Repopulation”.
    [list]
    [*]The density is now computed based on the incoming density of the original particle set.
  • Density and emission are now scaled properly based on the distribution of the original particles. You may notice a significant change in look.
    [/:m]
    [
    ]Improved the Maya render-view updating. The Render-view no longer “flickers” when updating the image.[/:m]
    [
    ]The Maya Render-view can now display HDMI output from Krakatoa.[/:m]
    [
    ]Improved the installer. By default, it now only selects version of Maya that are detected on the system.[/:m]
    [
    ]Added a user-defined random seed for “Particle Repopulation”.[/:m]
    [
    ]Added log messages that indicate which image files have been created by the renderer.[/:m]
    [
    ]Fixed a problem that was causing Krakatoa to fail renders in some cases that had no particles.[/:m]
    [
    ]Fixed some backwards-compatibility problems. Krakatoa used to error when loading scenes saved with old Krakatoa versions. Now they load correctly.[/:m]
    [
    ]Fixed a bug that was causing the renderer to ignore the “Matte Super-samples” parameter.[/:m]
    [
    ]Fixed a bug in the PRT Loader that was causing particles to continue moving after the end of the sequence.[/:m]
    [
    ]Cleaned up the warnings from the command-line batch renders.[/:m]
    [
    ]User interface improvements.[/*:m][/list:u]
    Linux Note: To perform command-line Krakatoa MY renders in Linux, you will need to define the environment variable MAYA_RENDER_DESC_PATH={kmy_install_dir}/renderDesc
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences