AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Notifications>Email task report

When a job fails, or has 100+ errors, Deadline kindly sends me an email. However I’d like to know if I can set this up so a slave task report for the job is emailed too. Either as an attachment or in the message body the same way the other info is included.

Is it possible to include extra specified info in the notification emails?

Cheers,

Tim.

Hey Tim,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to customize the Email reports, but we’ll definitely look at adding an option to include the Task log that triggered the report.

Is there anything else specifically that you’d like added to the report emails?

Cheers,
Jon

We also had some custom reporting functionality, so being able to customize the built in mails would be great. Maybe if it was simply a python scripted event, instead of a built in function, we could simply add our own stuff in there.

Currently we get 2 mails, one from deadline, and our own in addition…

Hi Jon,

A slave log of a failed task might be useful as well, or additional render report log.

I found this info in the manual:-

deadlinecommand -sendemail -to jsmith@mycompany.com -cc cjones@mycompany.com -subject "the subject" -message "C:\MyMessage.html" -attach "C:\MyAttachment.txt"

If I can create an event plugin which catches failed tasks, I can setup some mailing method for attaching reports and logs, using the above method.

deadlinecommand -getjobtasks jobID

Cheers,

Tim.

Sounds good. I totally forgot we had that functionality exposed in DeadlineCommand.

Adding an extensibility layer for notifications is definitely something we’ve been wanting to do for a while, might have a look at it at some point soon :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jon

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences