Nuke 12 support

Hi!

We started working with Nuke 12 and couldn´t send jobs to Deadline. So, I´ve sent an email to support last week, but, they didn´t answered it already. Does anyone knows when we will got Nuke 12 support?

Kindest Regards,
Rodrigo E.

1 Like

Bump. We also very much need Nuke 12 support asap.

1 Like

Hey folks,

@Rodrigo_Cesar_Vico_E which email address did you email us at? I can’t find anything in our ticket system. If you messaged us at support@thinkboxsoftware.com we’ll see it.

We are working on Nuke 12 support, but I can’t say when it’ll be available (Amazon policy).

Generally speaking, you can add support for new plugin versions yourself by adding an entry to its parameter file, e.g. DeadlineRepository/plugins/Nuke/Nuke.param

@tilst is right, you might be able to add a Nuke 12 entry in the plugin’s .param file. Assuming they haven’t changed the commands we use to communicate with Nuke you should be okay. I haven’t heard of anyone doing that yet, so either nobody has tried it, or it works flawlessly.

I should have mentioned that! Just got caught up trying to find that missing email.

I have done it for Nuke 12 which renders without issues. But I have to admit I have until now only tested it with submissions from Hiero, which needs additional changes to its submission script. Submissions from Nuke 12 should work already with the changes in the param-file.

edit: tried it and submission and rendering using Nuke 12 works flawlessly

1 Like