AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Nuke Integrator Install Error

Hi guys,

I am sure I am doing something wrong but I am trying to install the Nuke Integrator on a mac but getting errors.

I have tried running the integrator installer and doing it manually but still no luck.

The error is:

/Users/polarbear/.nuke/menu.py : error interpreting this plugin

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/polarbear/.nuke/menu.py", line 21, in <module> import DeadlineNukeClient ImportError: No module named DeadlineNukeClient

Using latest Deadline 7 RC1 installs

Thanks,

Richard

Hey Richard,

Can you zip up and upload your menu.py file? We can take a look and try to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

We have tried both starting with a completely fresh menu.py file and appending to our current menu.py file but neither work.

Best,

Richard
menu.py.zip (910 Bytes)

Thanks! The script looks fine, so it looks like the script isn’t finding the DeadlineNukeClient.py file. This should be in the same .nuke folder as the meny.py file (/Users/polarbear/.nuke in this case). Can you check to see if that file is there?

Thanks!
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Yeah the DeadlineNukeClient.py file is in the same folder.

Richard

I think the issue is that the permissions on the DeadlineNukeClient.py aren’t set correctly by the installer, so Nuke isn’t able to read the file. You can fix this by opening a Terminal, changing the directory to /Users/polarbear/.nuke, and running this command:

sudo chmod 755 DeadlineNukeClient.py

After that, try restarting Nuke to see if that helps.

We’ll have to update the Nuke script installer to set the permission properly.

Cheers,
Ryan

We had already noticed that the file was ‘no access’ for ‘everyone’ and we changed it to read & write but that still did not resolve it.

I will try your way and see if it works.

Cheers,

Richard

Ok your way did the trick!

Not sure what the difference is though and why changing it via the sharing permissions way would not work.

Cheers,

Richard

Great! We’ll be updating all of our submitter installers for 7.1 RC2 so that they set permissions correctly on the scripts that they install. Looks like this was a problem that didn’t just affect the Nuke script.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ok cool!

Cheers,

Richard

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences