AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Nuke plugin doesn´t start offline worker

Hi.

latest Deadline version. If i submit Nuke from Application or from Monitor, the job didnt start offline Workers (Deadline launcher is running) . I am using WOL. The nuke submission starts the maschines, but didnt start the worker. Also if the maschine is running. I didnt find out, where to get Infos, whats going wrong. My other submissions, like maya or Blender are working.

The machine starts and the launcher is running, but the worker isn’t starting sounds like the LaunchSlaveAtStartup isn’t set on the deadline.ini file of the render nodes.

Try setting the LaunchSlaveAtStartup flag to true and see if it works for you.

1 Like

it was set to true already

Could we see the application logs from a machine that turns on but doesn’t have the Worker start? The power management system is just sending the WOL packet, nothing else. The fact that it’s a Nuke job versus as Maya or Blender job should be irrelevant.

The logs will be on the machine in one of these locations:
Windows: C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\logs
Linux: /var/log/Thinkbox/Deadline10
Mac OS X: /Library/Logs/Thinkbox/Deadline10

What we’d be looking for is some error in the deadlinelauncher log around that time that explains why the Worker application either wasn’t started or failed to start. And if there’s deadlineworker logs from that time, those may explain why the Worker application exited before fully launching.

Yes, very strange, the launcher service doesn’t show any errors either. And I don’t have a worker log because it doesn’t start. But not that important, I now let the workers start with the worker sheduling - Idle detection. Since it is a render farm, the workers can also run on the farm without a job.
DeadlinelauncherserviceLog (Job submittet at 11:18):
2024-02-15 11:15:06: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:16:06: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:17:07: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:18:07: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:19:07: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:20:08: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:21:08: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:22:08: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:23:08: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:24:09: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:25:09: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”
2024-02-15 11:26:09: Launcher Scheduling - GeneralNotice: “1 group(s) were found, but none were considered (0 disabled, the rest had no Workers on this host)”

That’s really odd, that reads like the Worker you’re reading the log from isn’t in the worker scheduling group that should be starting the Worker.

Could you double check what you’ve got set up? It’s possible this machine got missed in the list.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences