AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

On premise Arnold license server with cloud rendering not working

Hello Everyone!

I’m trying to make my on premise Arnold license server’s floating licenses to work with aws cloud spot fleet workers too as a hybrid system (cloud and on premise workers).

I followed this guide to set the license server and the limits for the aws cloud configurations.

However when I run an Arnold render job with my spot fleet instances, they report the following

No Arnold license available.
at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

How could I tell the cloud workers to use my on premise license server to get the floating licenses? What configurations did I miss?

Best regards!

What’s likely causing issues is either that the computer running the PortalLink application can’t communicate with the license server, or there isn’t an environment variable set to point your Arnold to the Gateway instance.

To do that, in the same place you set up BYOL there is a section for environment variables. In there add ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE = 4101@10.128.2.4. The important bit is that the Gateway (from the Portal instance’s perspective) is at IP address 10.128.2.4.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences