AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Orphaned slaves in Manage Pools/Groups dialogs

We had a rogue command create a bunch of bogus slave entries in our repository. These slave entries have been deleted, but they still show up in the Manage Pools / Manage Groups dialogs.

Is there a way to flush them out completely? And shouldn’t they have already been removed from everywhere?

Did you delete the slave entries from Monitor, or did you manually remove them from the database? If you manually removed them, you need to remove their entries from the SlaveInfo and SlaveSettings collections. I’m guessing that they still have entries in the SlaveSettings collection, and that’s why they show up in the Pools/Groups dialogs.

Cheers,
Ryan

I used the “Delete Slave” command in the Monitor. I’ll check those other collections for leftover traces of them.

Hmm, weird. That should have cleaned everything up. Let us know if you find anything left over from those slaves in those collections.

I can’t find anything in either collection. However, the orphaned slaves are no longer showing up in the Manage Pools dialog either, so maybe housekeeping took care of it.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences