AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Phoenix FD -> PRT -> TyFlow -> Frost = Profit?

Hello everyone,
I have issues. Two of them have to do with Frost and Phoenix FD.

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:
Since Liquid Displacement is a little bit broken in Phoenix, I’ve exported my simulation as PRT with the idea that I’m gonna mesh it in Frost and then displace that, there are a few things I’m not sure how to solve:

• The sim has UV coordinates, or at least had before the export. Now if I apply a shader with a texture it doesn’t show up. So I thought perhaps the PRT loader isn’t reading the right channel?
    I’m sure I could use Magma to read a channel and write it into the TexCoords or Mapping2, but I couldn’t produce anything other than tears in my attemts.

• Next question would be how to pass that channel to Frost?

• The simulation has variable viscosity and I’d like to displace only the more viscous portions.
    I have a viscosity channel and luckily I was able to visualize it in the vertex channel. However, I’d like to output that as a mask to blend two shaders by one displaced and one not. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to do that. Plus I’d need valid mapping coordinates for that as well.

These are the main problems, next up would be, since I’m here, I thought I could mix another sim, this time from TyFlow and add that to the Frost mesh rather than trying to morph stuff in Phoenix which is a pain. I’m not quite there, yet, but if potential pitfalls come to mind - please shout out!

Thank you, I hope quarantine goes well for you, over and out.
Milko

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences