AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

pick support for multiple objects

is it possible to make the particle objects picker support selecting more than one object?

For sure! Do you think it should work like that all the time?

I’d like to hear how other people would feel about this change too.

the picker could still work as it does to pick individual objects, but when i press h it would be great if this would support more than one object

would also be great for prt_hair to support multiple objects but i guess that is a more complex issue than just changing the pick mode

wow, just noticed frost supports splines directly, really nice! :slight_smile:

Great idea :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I don’t see an easy way to make ‘h’ pick multiple objects while the picker selects individual objects. However I am willing to change both of them to select multiple objects.

The current way to select multiple objects is Frost is to use the “Add…” button.

I would prefer not to change this. There are a lot of other plugins in Max where the Pick button enters a picking mode and you have to explicitly cancel the picking using a right-click, and of course 9 out if 10 times I want one object and forget to disable the picking, ending up with accidental adds.

The Add… button works for adding by name.
There is also a workaround for picking multiple objects in the viewport and adding them at once:
*Select Frost and click the Pin icon to pin down the stack.
*Select the objects you want to add in the viewport using any means, including Ctrl+clicking.
*Click Add… in Frost (they will be selected already) and OK. Done.

Alternatively, we could have 3 buttons above the list: [Pick] [Pick Multiple] [Add…], but I am still not sure it is a good idea.

I misinterpreted this as if when I add through the add… “select by” dialog I can add multiple objects, as this is already an option, nevermind, forget about my +1. I thought I had missed something or for some reason I could not add multiples throught the dialog.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences