AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Plans regarding the Flood lineup of products ?

Yes yes…the pun was intended :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just wondering if there are any plans regarding releases or betas or whatever regarding any and all of the flood plugins ? I am rather frustrated with Realflow (and it’s broken
64bit build, the non working exporter and the list goes on) and am looking for alternatives.

Kind Regards,
Thorsten

Are you still interested in a flood release?

cb

Always interested in something that may be better more friendly :slight_smile:

Most definitely here. I still dont really see any competition. Naiad might be in the future (tho it seems *nix only wich is rather bad in a max environment).

Regards,
Thorsten

Naiad is impressive, but yes there is one software for fluid sims and it’s realflow and i would love to see more competition.

Well - i’ll pursue this further with the team - but with Naiad imminent [this year?] on windows, i’m not 100% sure we should be the third player. that being said, if we have enough interest in it we can change our minds! and we’re always open to partnering with a facility or two who have some strong td’s willing to tackle flood in it’s non-commercial state. that would be a licensing discussion, for sure.

cheers

cb

Naiad is way too expensive for anything but a production house.

Realflow had a good thing going for a freelancer (since 50% of vfx artists are freelancers) but totally screwed me over with a $1000 a year “maintenance” plan. Not to mention Realflow is following Fusions steps and getting away from its core purpose.

After being kicked in the nuts by Reaflows new annual maintenance plan I am even that much more interested in flood!

Hook it up :smiley:

What about FX-Gear’s FLUX? Didn’t see any work done with it apart from their demoreel which was shown a year ago.
fxgear.net/?mid=eng_tech_fluid
youtube.com/watch?v=F6H11mIol_c

Interesting results and also the distributed simulation solution sounds promising. As far as I heard its a standalone with a plugin for Maya. Heard it’s already available to purchase. They should really update their site about it…

Yeah, I’d be interested in Flood. Gimme gimme gimme.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences