AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Plugin config houdini 19.5 not showing with deadline client and repository 10.3.1.3 update

Hello
I’ve upgraded our deadline client and repository to 10.3.1.3 (and confirmed version num in help>about deadline…) as we are updating both our houdini and cinema versions, all seems to be good with cinema 4D plugin configuration, I can see 2024 in the plugin configuration, but houdini only shows up to 19.0 which I think is causing it to not work on the farm when I test submissions.

If I go to check the Houdini.param file in the plugins folder within deadline Repository folder
C:\DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Houdini

It seems to contain the text for 19.5. Editing it, say I remove lines for 18.0, I also see no change. I tried hitting tools>synchronize monitor scripts and plugins. Also double checked that the monitor is pointing towards the repository folder.

Any pointers to what could be wrong or what I can check? Thanks

It could be possible that you have a copy of a Houdini plugin in the “C:\DeadlineRepository10\custom\plugins” directory which is old. The “custom” folder gets the priority over the default plugin folder in Deadline.

If you have a copy of Houdini plugin in the custom folder, remove it or update the files with the default “C:\DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Houdini”. I hope this would help.

1 Like

That was it! Thank you so much you’ve made my Christmas, I will sleep well tonight and dream sweet deadline dreams. :grin:

2 Likes

Good one! THanks for that, i would have never figured that out. Cheers.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences