AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

post job scripts not inheriting job env?

We are missing a lot of the environment variables assigned to a job in the post job scripts. Any idea why?

The job is a mayabatch job which finishes ok, then the post job script runs (which depends on job env variables to be set), but they are mostly missing. There are some scanline specific env variables but they seem to be from a previous session the machine was rendering? Maybe.

I realized i already reported this…
forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … nvironment

So any ideas how i could figure out what the job’s environment SHOULD be (or other job properties), when running a post job script? The main script itself gets the deadlinePlugin instance, but the problem is that we have modules that are imported in in a chain of imports that rely on the env variables to be set. I would need to fix those scripts to fall back on querying what deadline says about the job and its env variables, but i am finding no ways to figure out what job is actually being rendered from within a module…

Are events triggered properly for post job scripts? Could i maybe patch the environment from an event?

Deadline could at least set the job ID in an env variable or something like that :-\

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences