AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

pre-job localization timeout

Hi there,

We have a robust localization pipeline for most of the applications we use on deadline, that caches larger, often used data onto the local slaves before renders kick in, to minimize having to do slower server side calls.
In some more complex scenes, when they pick up initially on farm machines, this localization process could take quite a while (10-20 mins even). Problem is, that independent of the job’s localization requirements, there is a single global deadline plugin load timeout. So for example, a quick render job that has no dependencies, and should have its max running within a couple of minutes has the same “timeout for loading 3dsmax” as one of these big jobs that might take 15-20+ mins on their initial dequeue to start max, as the localization is triggered in the JobPreLoad.py script, which i believe counts as being part of the “loading 3dsmax” process.

Is it possible to tweak this setting somehow per job, to accommodate the localization appropriately?

cheers
laszlo

Hmm, I’m sure we could tweak it to be per-job – or at least have a per-job override exposed – since we obviously have the Job pulled down already by the time we load the plugin. I’ll have a look at it.

Cheers,
Jon

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences