AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Print image file in batch

Hello,
a tiny feature request:
would be great if krakatoa would print out the image file path when it has finished rendering a frame.

Vray does it like this:
Successfully written image file “/folder/image.0907.exr”

Also, why doesn’t krakatoa write out linear exr files?

Done. I have added that to the logging. Thank you for the suggestion!

I’m not entirely sure why you mean. The colors should be saved linearly without any transform. Are you referring to the colors, or to the channel layout? What is it that you are seeing?

Thanks!

When opening a Krakatoa generated exr in Nuke, I need to change its colorspace to sRGB to make it look like the render i Mayas RenderView (my guess is that the exr image has a baked sRGB correction).
Normally when reading exrs they are defaulting to linear-colorspace in nuke but when reading them as sRGB-colorspace Nuke will clamp everything above 1.0 (now I’m working around this by manually applying an extra gamma of .4545 to the image and reading it as linear).

The preferred way would be if Krakatoa rendered the image in linear space, but applying a sRGB display gamma for Mayas renderview.

Vray has the following option in its rendersettings: “Convert image to sRGB for RenderView”

Cheers

Can you tell me exactly what your viewing and loading settings are in both Maya RenderView and in Nuke?

I have attached a screenshot showing Nuke’s and Maya’s color settings. Please ensure the viewing and loading settings match. If they do not match, then Maya’s and Nuke’s displays will differ.

That solved the problem. Nuke actually gave the correct result, and the RenderView had the wrong color profile.

We aren’t using Mayas color manager with other renderers because of other issues we had with it, but krakatoa seems to work nicely with it :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences