AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Problem with Start Machine

Hello.

I have problem with starting machines in Deadline Monitor. It Sometime Working, sometime no. I don’t know why. Machines are HPE Proliant 360 gen 9. ILO is configured. Wake on Lan configured.
Today Morning I could Start up every MAchine using Deadline Monitor. Power Management working correctly but now My Power management can’t Start Up any MAchine (I have Deadline Pulse on the main server. Deadline puls send signal for Wake up Workers but nothing else)
When I tried manual Machines didnt start up.
I didn’t change any options from morning.
I know that this isse is hard for resolve on the forum but meaby someone had the same problem?

EDIT

I noticed that the problem occurs if the devices are turned off for more than a few minutes. So I suspect that the problem is on the HPE servers side

Thank You
Regards

Managed to partially diagnose the problem.
The problem occurs if the machines are turned off for a longer period of time, I cannot yet determine how much time must pass, let’s assume 1 hour.
Up to this 1 hour I can wake up and turn off machines remotely using Deadline monitor. After an hour, the wake-up option does not work.
This is not a network issue. Using the Main Router and the WoL option I can wake up the machine anytime.

Machines that have been turned off for longer than the set hour, when trying to wake them up, display the following message:

Machines that are turned off for less than the set hour do not display this message and the “Start Mchine” option works.

Are you saying that WoL via Deadline (after X amount of time) doesn’t wake up the computer – but, if you use another WoL util (outside of Deadline) you can start up the computer?

Also, is there a reason why you are not using something like ipmitool to start the computer – you wrote that you had iLO.

Yes, it is exactly as you wrote.
I have ILO, I have a main router with WoL function, but I need to wake it up with Deadline Pulse. The servers are supposed to wake up - automatically when there is a task waiting in the queue for rendering. I can’t do it manually.

At this point, if the devices are turned off for a longer time, Deadline Pulse receives information about the task, sends a wake-up signal and nothing happens.

What is the OS of your client/computer that you are trying to wake up? Linux or Windows?

Windows 10.

Problem solved. When I moved Deadline Pulse and Deadline Monitor (only for viewing and manual shutdown and wake-up) to a Virtual Machine in the same Vlan subnet as the rest of the machines, wake-up always works.

I didn’t suspect a network problem because WoL from the Main Router always works, but as you can see, there is a problem on the network side. I’m not a network spec, it’s important to me that I found a solution. Thank you Jarek for your time.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences