AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Problems rendering blender data with deadline

Hi,

When I render a blender scene with Deadline, if there are no add-ons, there is no problem, but if the scene has some add-ons, I get an error message and cannot render the scene.

I have the Deadline submitter add-on installed in blender.

The add-on data was not found in the specified path in the DEADLINE log, but when I checked it, the data was there.

It also says “RenderPluginException”, so I guess the add-on path is not sent to Deadline. Is there a setting?

Let me know if you know anything about this.

=======================================================

Error

Unable to open ‘/c/Users/UserName/Documents/GScatter/Environments/Forest Ground Sparse/Assets/TaraxacumOfficinale_5orb3/data/data.blend’: No such file or directory

at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

Type

RenderPluginException

Stack Trace

at Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.d(DeadlineMessage bgt, CancellationToken bgu)
at Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.RenderTask(Task task, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.c(TaskLogWriter ajy, CancellationToken ajz)

Any add-on needs to be installed on the machine that is rendering, the deadline log shows Blender is looking in the user directory.

I’m not sure if it’s possible in Blender, but if you install the plugin on a network share it should be picked up by all machines.

If you are rendering on the same machine is it the same user?

If not is Deadline or Blender changing the path where it looks for the plugin?

should
/c/Users/UserName
be
c:\Users\UserName

2 Likes

Thank you Anthony. I will try what you taught me.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences