AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Prompt to cancel meshing

Hi there,

I am having this issue on two of my machines and it would be great if I could figure out why its doing it. Basically as we are meshing it keeps asking us if we would like to cancel. We have tried the same scenes on other machines and it meshes fine. I have tried reinstalling xmesh and checked that the service packs are updated on max.

Another error that I keep having is that if there is a " $ " sign in the name of the project path I get a script error when I press the button to set the project path.

Thanks

Unfortunately I don’t know what could cause this issue. What happens if you run the following command in MAXScript?

getProgressCancel()

I was not able to reproduce this error. Which button did you press? For example, the “…” button inside “Path Components”, or the “Proj” button?

Would it be possible for you to please send us a screenshot of the XMesh Saver dialog that shows your path settings when this error occurred? You can send us files over these forums or by using our ticket system. You may need to ZIP the file to get it through our ticket system.

Its late here so I dont have acess to actualy files ,but i will send them over tomorrow. but for the path error

E:_XMESH\project_A\v0005$platform_edge.xmesh

Say you have a project path like that and you press the first “…” . Then you should get the error.

Thanks! We have reproduced the project path error. It should be fixed in the next XMesh Saver release. There no need for you to send me the screenshot I requested.

I look forward to hearing back from you about the result of the getProgressCancel() command.

Thanks!

should I run that while I am saving an xmesh or before?

I’d be interested to hear the result both before and after.

Hi,

I was unable to create the problem on that machine I still have one more to check.

When I run that command I get a prompt to cancel . If I say yes I can run the command again however if I run it again I don’t get the prompt I just get a result that says false this seems to be normal on all the machines.

After saving an x mesh the command doesn’t produce a prompt.

Alright, thank you for checking!

I want to confirm: the “cancel” issue no longer appears on one of the machines?

yes not at the moment.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences