AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Proper way to store and update custom plugin code

Hi,

Custom plugin code is located in <your_repo>/custom/plugins. Usually in a studio setup, we store the Python code in a Git repository instead of modifying the files directly from the Deadline repository on the server.

I could clone the Git repository on the Deadline file server and do a git pull when I updated my code but I wanted to hear other approaches or ways to handle this situation.

Thanks!

This is pretty much the way. We have the entire custom directory in git, since it contains other things like submitters, in addition to plugins.
You can actually set a local Deadline repo and test against it until you are satisfied. Then you push the changes and pull them into the main repo.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @mois.moshev , I’ll do that then.

I didn’t know about the local Deadline repo, can you link a documentation page on how to do that?

Nothing special, I think, just install it like a normal repo, but on your local machine, then git checkout the custom directory.
Then point your Monitor to this repo while you work.

1 Like

Is this going to change the repository globally or only on my machine if I do “Select Repository”?

From the Monitor, it is just your machine.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences