AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Quicktime event example script

Looking to make an event plugin, once the image sequence is rendered from Toon Boom Harmony than making a dnxHD file, just like some other we found in the forum for Nuke or AE. We have a script but our Deadline 8 is not detect the event even it’s enable in Tools> Configuration event…

Where can we find the Quicktime event example script as reference. All the link I found just lead you to the download Deadline page?

Hello!

Your event plugin probably still works, it’s just that we changed how Event Plugin config files (the .param file) are formatted from Deadline 8 to 9.

Take a look at this section on .param files and you should be able to convert your existing plugin to be Deadline 10 compatible.

Reading the manual for Deadline 8.
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/8.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/event-plugins.html
For when it mentioning the miscellaneous download link. Just brings you to all Thinkbox download software but not the miscellanous page. Is the “automatically submit a Quicktime job to create a movie from the rendered images of a job that just finished” can be found somewhere else?

http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/deadline-downloads/deadline-miscellaneous-downloads/

Unfortunately those files are gone - we’ve removed references to the misc downloads page in the 10+ versions of the Deadline docs, but that update didn’t get made to the older versions it seems.

I’ve looked around in the past for those files (and again just now) and I think they’re really truly gone. Unless some kind forum-goer has them banging around on a hard drive!

I know its been two years since there has been any movement on this post. But I cant find anything useful or how-to to setup an event to make QT’s prores files from Deadline10.

We are running Nuke and I was wondering if you happen to have that Quicktime Event script and able to share?

Thanks!

That event script is still gone (just checked again in case I missed something two years ago). If you’re looking for an example of how a quicktime job to create a prores file would look like, submit one using the Monitor’s submission script then double click the newly created job in the Monitor and go to ‘Submission Params’. That’ll show the two files that are used to create the job in the database.

Is that the sort of example you’re thinking of? If not, let me know gaps you’re looking to have filled and I’ll let you know.

If you’re willing to I’d bet the plugins shared here are the quicktime events you’d seen alluded to.

You’ll have to convert the plugin but this tool should do it and there might be other issues, in particular Python 2 to 3 ones.

I haven’t gone through the code myself, just found the thread and remembered someone had asked recently!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences