AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Render environment, env vars not picking up

draftFolk,

This is the first time I’m trying to send Windows environment variables along with a Draft job. At the moment, I’m adding them after the fact. I.e., I pause the Draft job when it shows up, choose “Modify Job Properties …” from the job’s right click menu, and then add them in the Environment panel. I’ve attached a screenshot of the Submission Params panel so you can see that I do have my python path set correctly (I think). But I’m getting this error in my Draft output:

0: STDOUT: Traceback (most recent call last):
0: STDOUT: File “C:\Users\rmatto\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline6\slave\H5G109\jobsData\5339eb766a55111910667a34\aePublish.py”, line 4, in
0: STDOUT: import config
0: STDOUT: ImportError: No module named config
0: INFO: Process exit code: 1

config is in the python path T:\tools\rmatto\python, which you can see I’ve added correctly, again, by checking out the attached screen shot. Hopefully I’m doing something dumb b/c this is my first try using this! Please help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Raphael

So I’m guessing the problem here is probably that the Draft plugin is clobbering the pythonpath you’re setting with its own, which is bases on the current environment on that machine (plus the path to Draft).

I think the easiest way to fix this would be to apply the changes I mentioned in this other thread to your Draft plugin, and then adding any paths you need to Deadline’s additional Python Search paths. This would also have the added benefit that you wouldn’t need to manually add these to every Draft Job after the fact.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Jon

That worked great, thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences