AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Rendering Frost on backburner: error finding frost.dlo

Hey guys -
This may be an obvious one that I am missing… often they are.

I have a license of Frost on my workstation, and am trying to send some frames out to render on backburner. The bb server renders the scene fine via distributed rendering (Vray) but it will not render as a backburner server. The BB server windows says missing frost.dlo

Is this a licensing limitation or a user/setup error?

thanks /b

It sounds like the plugin.ini file used to start up Max does not include the path to the location of the Frost.dlo file.
It is unrelated to licensing since Frost can render without a license in Slave (Backburner, Deadline etc.) mode as long as the scene is saved with a commercial version, plus the error says explicitly the DLO is missing. :slight_smile:

Since I have been a Deadline user ever since I started network rendering, I cannot tell what is going on. I would have assumed that Backburner would launch Max with the same plugin.ini it uses for Workstation (licensed) mode.

Can you post the version numbers of Max and Backburner - somebody might recognize a known issue I don’t know about…

Hey Bobo -
Thanks as always for the fast reply!

Backburner is 2013 and Max is Design 2013 x64

I would like to be on Deadline but budgets are what they are :slight_smile:

/b

small update: I tried rendering with my workstation (which holds the license) as a BB server, and also my laptop. Both of those were able to start the render without any warnings, but both rendered an empty scene. Definitely no love with BB and Frost - other things are rendering fine so it’s specific to that.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks /b

What renderer are you using? (And what version number, if applicable?)

Would it be possible for you to please send us a copy of your scene file? You can send us files using our ticket system.

Sorry for the delay - been a hell of a day/night.

I’m using Vray 2.4 (last stable release).

I ran a few frames locally last night while sleeping. Those rendered, but with a bunch of chunks missing. Looks like missing buckets in a Vray DR render, but it was not a DR render - just the workstation. 3 Frames and all had the same problem.

I’m really not having a good time of it :slight_smile:

I’ll send a file to you
b

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences