AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Repopulate modifier and batch render

Hi,
we have a problem rendering particles with a repopulate modifier in batch mode.
Without the modifier it renders fine, and when we are doing “render view” renders with the modifier it works to.

Here is the printout from krakatoa batch:
// Rendering with Krakatoa… //
// Percentage of rendering done: 0 (Krakatoa MY: ERROR : particle_grid_tree.reset: Provided channel_map object does not have a Position channel.) //
// Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

A bonus question:
Is it possible to use krakatoa with mayas Render binary?
When doing a command such as this:

$ Render -renderer MayaKrakatoa

It responds with this:

Cannot open renderer description file “MayaKrakatoaRenderer.xml”

Cheers,
Simon Ekeberg (Swiss International)

I think I may know what this “Position” channel bug is. I have a feeling that this is a bug that happens for frames that don’t have any particles.

Can I get a few pieces of information about you scene setup:
-Are you applying the repopulation modifier to one of Maya’s particle or nParticle system?
-Does the error happen on all frames, or just on frames that do not have any particles?

Oh, this is a bug. I have not implemented the render options for “Render” executable. Batch rendering should work though, just it does not work to specify Krakatoa as the renderer in the command line. I will try to fix it for the next release. Thank you for reporting the problem!

Is there some way you can work around the issue for now? Perhaps by setting the renderer in the Maya scene file prior to calling the “Render” executable?

Yes, that was it. When rendering frames with no particles it fails, but works fine otherwise. We can work around this for now by ignoring frames with no particles.
We are applying the repopulation modifier to a PRT-loader.

Shure, we can just save the scene with Krakatoa as current renderer.

Thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences