AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Repository Connection Error

I went to launch monitor today and received this error.

Repository Connection Error

The Monitor was unable to connect to the specified Repository (C:/DeadlineRepository10).

Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers (myhostname and ip). The following errors were encountered:

• Invalid BinaryConnection state transition from 4 to Failed.

This window pops up

I don’t remember using a passphrase when setting up so I left it blank.

Not sure how to fix?

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalled the latest version which fixed the problem. Im curios what causes this error if it comes up again.

Thanks,

Chance

I spoke too soon. After rebooting the Deadline Monitor its not connecting to repository. It was just working before reboot and I had just configured the AWS Portal. I successfully created a Deadline Infrastructure. There were some issues with the font size on some of the panels not scaling correctly. I’m using 4k monitors and reset my screen size to be 150% and did a reboot. Then the monitor would not connect to repository.

I guess i jumped the gun with trying to reinstall!

The Monitor was unable to connect to the specified Repository (C:\DeadlineRepository10).

Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers (hostname-ip). The following errors were encountered:

Chance

Hey Chance,

I know of two situations when this error could present itself.

#1 - Mismatch in TLS/SSL configurations between the database config file and the repository connection.ini file.

Check these two files:

“C:\DeadlineRepository10\settings\connection.ini”
“C:\DeadlineDatabase10\mongo\data\config.conf”

The config. conf file settings need to line up with the appropriate connection.ini settings. The connection.ini is how the client connects to the database so if the TLS options are mismatched a connection failure will happen.

config.conf example:

ssl:
SSL/TLS options
mode: requireSSL

security:
authorization: enabled

connection.ini example:

EnableSSL=True
Authenticate=True

In this example you can see that TLS/SSL and Authorization is enabled for the DB, so the connection.ini file needs to have EnableSSL and Authenticate set to True so the client can authenticate properly.

#2 - Second issue is that you could be hitting a ulimit for max open files for your database machine. Since you are using Windows this is not your specific issue.

If #1 is not the cause we would want to take a look at the database log to get the error the db is receiving when the client tries to connect.

“C:\DeadlineDatabase10\mongo\data\logs\log.txt”

Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

I checked both config files which are fine. I attached the database log.

log.zip (1.3 MB)

Thanks,

Chance

Thanks Charles for the figuring out the problem!

I was saving the Deadline10RemoteClient.pfx to the same folder as the database certs. This was overwriting the database certs.

Monitor is working now.

Charles here is an example of the issue with the interface being hard to read.

I have the same error (Invalid BinaryConnection state transition from 4 to Failed) but this fix doesn’t work for me.

Deadline Monitor has been working without trouble for about a year, randomly started throwing this error today.

My TLS/SSL and Authorization is disabled, and the max files limit on my database machine has been increased to soft 4096, hard 50000. Changing the ulimit changed this error to “connection refused”.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading!
Dylan

EDIT: Looks like the LaunchDaemon isn’t running anymore for some reason. Not sure how I broke that…

Okay, I’ve whittled the issue down some more…

It looks like there was some sort of error due to the low open file limit on the server. After increasing the ulimit, the error has changed to connection refused. Checking the most recent log, I’m seeing that the db keeps shutting down due to this error:

Connection refused because too many open connections: 819

Any reason it could be flooded with connections?

Thanks!
D

Hey dgani,

Did you get anywhere with this issue?

We happen to be facing the same error and are in the middle of trying to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue. After I installed the Repository and the Client, when I am trying to launch the Monitor, it seems that it cannot connect to the Repository. I followed the instructions posted in the youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDBIpYmWSg&feature=emb_title), but I still have the error that pops at minute 0:34).

The Monitor was unable to connect to the specified Repository (C:\DeadlineRepository10).

Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers defined in the “Hostname” parameter of the “settings\connection.ini” file in the root of the Repository.

The following errors were encountered:

• DESKTOP-KHEERMF: The connection attempt timed out.

• 192.168.1.106: The connection attempt timed out.

How do I go past this?

Thanks!
Marius

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences