AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Retime causes mesh explosion

Hi

I have a frost object which has been Xmeshed and it works fine except when I retime it . It is a 240 frame sequence and when I retime it to a 100 at frame 60 it just goes crazy. I have tried increasing the xmesh samples and the issue is not in the orginal object.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I assume the problem is visible in the viewport?

Would it be possible for you to please send us:

1. A copy of the original scene that you saved, or a copy of the xmesh sequence, and
  2. A copy of your scene with an xmesh loader?

You can send us files using our ticket system. You’ll need to ZIP all of the files together to get them through.

So we tried rolling back and rebuilding the effect. But we have run across a different problem. we are trying to mesh two objects together a Pflow system(PF_Blebs) and a geometry (OsteoBlast_DRIVER). The problem we are having is that it dosen’t seem to be meshing the pflow correctly. we are getting a strange result where we can see the pflow in shaded mode but it is not there in wireframe and when we put the xmesh in a frost it ignores the meshed pflow objects.

If I just save the pflow with the save empty meshes toggle off then I get the following message.

ERR: XMeshSaverUtils.SaveMeshesToSequence() - get_particle_group_node_trimesh3 - The sampled mesh for node “PF_Blebs001->shrink” doesn’t have any vertices

I have tried rebuilding the pflow but that didn’t help as well. This has taken most of my day :confused: so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
_Cells_Death_Concept_G05.zip (262 KB)

sorry you must replied while I was typing, I can send that as well. although the issues might be related.

I want to make sure that I understand. You have saved an XMesh sequence that contains both a PFlow system and a geometry. When you load the XMesh in wireframe mode, the geometry is visible, but the PFlow is not?

How are you putting the XMesh into Frost? Did you add the XMesh Loader to the Particle Objects rollout, or to the Particle Geometry rollout, or something else?

You’ll get this error if any of your PFlow events contain zero particles. You’ll probably want to keep “Empty Mesh” enabled.

Thanks! A copy of your scene files would be very helpful.

Yes that is correct we also tried putting the pflow in a mesher and xmeshing that with the geometry. Also when you put an edit poly on the xmesh the pflow items get messed up and the geometry is fine.

To the particle objects roll out .

I sent the files for the original problem in via the ticket system. The new problem is attached here.
Cells_Death_Concept_G06.zip (261 KB)

Perfect, thank you! I have reproduced the new problem, and it will be fixed in our next build.

I have received the files for the original problem, and I will look into it now.

We posted a new XMesh Saver 1.1.8 build that includes a fix for your “new” problem.

Your original problem is caused by how Frost gets the velocity from the Mesher compound object. When the particles move from one event to another, they swap places in the mesh, and Frost interprets this as a large velocity. To work around this problem, I would suggest:

1. Save the PFlow system (PF_Blebs) using the new XMesh Saver build
  2. Remove the Mesher compound object from Frost’s Particle Objects list
  3. Create an XMesh Loader to load the sequence you saved in Step 1
  4. Add the XMesh Loader to Frost’s Particle Objects list

(I imagine this is what you were trying to do when you encountered the “new” problem.)

Hey! Thanks for looking into this so quickly.

In that particular file(Cells_Death_Concept_G06) I am having another issue now when I save the pflow system (PF_Blebs) its position is incorrect and the objects appear far away off the grid.Any idea why that would happen.

I noticed that, in the file you sent us via our ticket system, the PFlow system and all other objects in the scene are far away from the grid. Is it possible that you saved using that scene instead?

No I definitely used the right file(Cells_Death_Concept_G06). When we rebuilt the file we made sure everything was centered. Is it working fine for you?

Yes, it’s working fine for me. Are we parhaps using different versions of the file?

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Open Cells_Death_Concept_G06.max
  2. Select PF_Blebs
  3. Open XMesh Saver
  4. Change the drop-down box in the top left to “Selected Geometry”
  5. Change Save Options to “Save ALL Objects in ONE MESH In WORLD SPACE Coordinates”
  6. Save

The resulting mesh appears near the origin, as expected.

Strange. I tried it on another machine and it works fine but on mine I am still having problems. if you look at the image you can see how far off its created the mesh.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences