AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Rhel 9 - Rocky 9 - Deadline MongoDB

Hello! I jumped on the Rocky bandwagon and I’m struggling to get Deadline and MongoDB working.
Did someone get it to work without any issues?
I was able to get both installed, but Deadline Monitor has UI GUI issues, looking for libraries - and MongoDB couldn’t connect to the Deadline database due to some permissions.
I did follow the guides on the Manuals, but they seem to be tailored for Centos 7/8 - so a lot of steps are not working anymore.

So, if I’m lucky, maybe someone has it installed already and working and could assist me?

Arvid

Hello

I have not tested it myself on Rocky ever so I can’t say for sure if it works or not. It is not in the list of supported OSs though.

By the way what errors are you getting?
Are you able to start any other UI app like Worker/Pulse?

Hello, I am installing it on Rocky Linux 9.1 at the moment and I got a few error.
Forst is the libffi.so.6 missing, I linked to the installed libffi.so.8 but it is causing a core dumped when running ./deadlinemonitor, deadlineslave is working though.
And last but not least I got an error in Houdini 19.5.569/Deadline 10.2.1.0:

File “Driver/deadline, opdef:/Driver/deadline?PreFirstCreate”, line 13, in
File “/home/tang/houdini19.5/python3.9libs/CallDeadlineCommand.py”, line 46, in CallDeadlineCommand
proc = subprocess.Popen(arguments, stdin=subprocess.PIPE, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, startupinfo=startupinfo, creationflags=creationflags)
File “/opt/hfs19.5.569/python/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 951, in init
self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
File “/opt/hfs19.5.569/python/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 1821, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘deadlinecommand’

@Tanguy_BODIVIT I am having the same error, everything opens except the monitor. Installing the older version caused incompatibilities with a lot of programs including gdm. The fix I found was to download the rpm package directly from https://rockylinux.pkgs.org/8/rockylinux-baseos-x86_64/libffi-3.1-24.el8.x86_64.rpm.html after that I extracted the contents of the rpm
using rpm2cpio libffi-3.1-24.el8.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv. This will generate the corresponding library files needed, you just need to copy them to /usr/lib64 and that’s it :slight_smile: Hopefully, it doesn’t break something else.

@Tanguy_BODIVIT

The issue with libffi.so.6 library is expected if you have not installed LSB libraries. Follow this documentation

The Houdini error you shared is caused by it failing on finding deadlinecommand application. You can find this application under Deadline Client Bin directory. CallDeadlineCommand.py file is run by Houdini to find deadlinecommand and run it. I have stripped the code from the file to find the DeadlineCommand as the code should do.

Save the below script as “path.py”:

import os
import subprocess
import sys

def __main__():
    deadlineCommand = GetDeadlineCommand()
    print(deadlineCommand)

def GetDeadlineCommand():
    deadlineBin = ""
    try:
        deadlineBin = os.environ['DEADLINE_PATH']
    except KeyError:
        #if the error is a key error it means that DEADLINE_PATH is not set. however Deadline command may be in the PATH or on OSX it could be in the file /Users/Shared/Thinkbox/DEADLINE_PATH
        pass

# On OSX, we look for the DEADLINE_PATH file if the environment variable does not exist.
    if deadlineBin == "" and  os.path.exists( "/Users/Shared/Thinkbox/DEADLINE_PATH" ):
        with open( "/Users/Shared/Thinkbox/DEADLINE_PATH" ) as f:
            deadlineBin = f.read().strip()

deadlineCommand = os.path.join(deadlineBin, "deadlinecommand")

return deadlineCommand

You can run this with deadlinecommand manually:

/opt/Thinkbox/Deadline10/bin/deadlinecommand -ExecuteScript "Path/to/path.py"

Feel free to share the path or error returns from the script .

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences