AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Rhino 7 support with 6 installer?

Hello, I want to set up Deadline to support a team using Rhino 7. I can manually install the Rhino 6 submission script, but the submission menu only goes to version 6. Is there a way to get that updated so it can submit Rhino 7 files?

You can select the Rhino 7 install paths instead

or use the manual method to install this
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/app-rhino.html#manual-installation

Apologies, I should have stated the problem more clearly. I am able to install the submitter correctly. However, when I open the submitter, the version selection menu does not have 7. When I submit the file to the farm, the nodes open Rhino 6. I’m looking for a way to update the submitter so I can select Rhino 7. Does that make sense?

You mean the Deadline Monitor Submission menu?

I see

You need to modify this file in the repo

…\DeadlineRepository10\scripts\Submission\RhinoSubmission.py

line 137 (or near there)
versionBox = scriptDialog.AddComboControlToGrid( "VersionBox", "ComboControl", "6", ("4", "5", "6"), 5, 1 )

Add in the version(s) required (I’ve put 7 & 8 as example, 8 runs as ‘WIP’ so will likely fail if you are using this)

versionBox = scriptDialog.AddComboControlToGrid( "VersionBox", "ComboControl", "6", ("4", "5", "6", "7", "8"), 5, 1 )

save the file and then refresh the scripts under Tools

You should then have the option for 7 in the menu

That did the trick, thank you!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences