AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Root path for Post Job Script with RCS submitter and nodes

How do you configure the path to a post job script in the submission with everything connected via RCS?

The end-user is connected to repo via RCS as well as the nodes.

I tried GetRepositoryFilePath and GetRoot which give me unexpected results.
GetRepositoryFilePath gives me a OS-centric temp directory that doesn’t line up with the nodes.
GetRoot gives me the following error on the node:

"/var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10/workers/xyz-render-1/jobsData/65a020c35d53836374f93f62/xyz-rcs.mydomain.com:8080/fs/folder/load/folder?subDirectory=/custom/scripts/Jobs/my-postJob.py" does not exist

You would not need to worry about the job script path. You need to assign the post script to the job with the full path of the script.
For more information on Job script: Job Scripts — Deadline 10.3.1.4 documentation

Make sure you have stored the script under a network path accessible by the Render node and the RCS node.

Make sure you have stored the script under a network path accessible by the Render node and the RCS node.

hmm…doesn’t that defeat the purpose of RCS?

Kinda-sorta. The usual work-around is to put your job scripts in a central storage location just like your render inputs and outputs and reference them from there. There’s zero requirement to have your job scripts within the repository. The RCS doesn’t sync those input and output files so you’ll have that available on the render node anyways.

The RCS’ real power is scaling communication as you can run many more Workers on an RCS than you can when directly connecting to MongoDB.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences