AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

RuntimeError: Could not find a license for module 'Draft'. Module not loaded

Following error was thrown when first tried to submit a draft job when Deadline monitor.

I have already configured the usage-based licensing setup for Deadline. I have tried rendering with AE and it works perfectly.

Did I miss out anything?

Thanks in advance for your help!

File “C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\slave\EC2AMAZ-0J5RRVJ\jobsData\5c87cdba0cc2b2125868eda0\QuickDraft.py”, line 68, in <module>

2019-03-12 08:18:44: 0: STDOUT: from DraftCreateMovie import CreateMovie

2019-03-12 08:18:44: 0: STDOUT: File “Z:/Deadline10/events/DraftEventPlugin/DraftQuickSubmission\DraftCreateMovie.py”, line 2, in <module>

2019-03-12 08:18:44: 0: STDOUT: import Draft

2019-03-12 08:18:44: 0: STDOUT: RuntimeError: Could not find a license for module ‘Draft’. Module not loaded.

2019-03-12 08:18:44: 0: STDOUT: No license server found.

Same here and only in the draft assembler.
In other farm it work nice.
In a few machines this error occurred from nothing.

I’m facing this issue too while submitting with Jigsaw, isn’t assembling them, Please help me in solving this

Hi!

The obvious first question is - do you have a Thinkbox License Server with a Draft license?
I suspect the answer is no, so here are some details:

• Draft requires a license for operate
  • Draft Tile Assembler and any Draft image operations do not check out a license, they merely check if a license exists on the server. Only video in/out operations actually check out a license.
  • The Draft licenses are issued to paying customers for the duration of the Support and Maintenance contract, so both users with perpetual licenses, and users with annual licenses get annual Draft licenses tied to the Support and Maintenance contract.
  • In other words, for users with old-style perpetual licenses which never expire, once the Support expires, Draft stops working while Deadline continues working.
  • Obviously, users of the 2-nodes license free mode of Deadline cannot use Draft or Jigsaw Assembly which depends on Draft. At least one Deadline license ($48/year) must be purchased to enable Draft.

We are currently reviewing internally the licensing scheme of Draft and I hope for some (positive) changes in the future.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences