AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Sale option for C4D

Hello,

I’m very happy by this new feature for cinema 4D.

But in the form to buy this product, there are no Krakatoa for C4D?.. thinkboxsoftware.com/sales-contact/

It’s a mistake?

thanks

We are aware of that, someone is working on modifying the form. (It is not exactly trivial as it hooks deeper than just the UI of the website, otherwise I would modify it myself :wink: )

You can simply email sales AT thinkboxsoftware DOT com and ask for Krakatoa C4D. You can include the info requested in the online form like name, address etc. The website form sends emails to the same place, so you don’t really have to go through it.
All sales are processed by an actual person and not a computer, so there will be some human interaction involved. :slight_smile:

Btw,

I just checked the prices for the C4D-Plugin :astonished:

Only to remind what Tyler said:

Just out of curiosity, how much did you expect the Krakatoa C4D integrated version to cost?
Given that the stand-alone/API version has always been $495 and the 3ds Max and Maya integrated versions are $1000 each?

Let me chime in on that, I made this statement way before things shaped up as they did (thanks to Thinkbox I might say, and for the better of KC4D as well)

Back then, I planned to release my state of the plugin for free, which would still have required the KrakatoaSR license of course. (495$)
This would have resulted in a free plugin (bridge only), but without any support, as I couldn’t possibly afford to do it for free, as well as in a plugin state that was far inferior to what KC4D is now.

I believe, there is no question that this way is more reasonable and futureproven for everybody: the user, who demands support and further development, as well as Thinkbox, whose developers pay close attention to provide the best possible user experience.

If you think, the plugin isn’t worth the 100 extra stones, please join the webinars on april 23rd&24th and give it a second though afterwards :sunglasses:

Bobo:
Yes, you’re right.
Only that Tyler made great words about this and that came out in the end.
And don’t get me wrong, the price for an integrated version is basically totally OK for new buyers.
But what about the existing SR-licence-holders ?
I only can use it with C4D, so far with Samir’s DPIT Effex.
Does it cost that complete amount too for SR-licence-holders with already fresh-payed maintenance-renewal or can we switch/upgrade our licence to the C4D-plugin for a difference (upgrade)-price ?

Else I will stay with my SR-licence, as Samir’s DPit Effex supports Krakatoa fully and so there will be no need for the extra-cost C4D-Version.

The cost for existing Krakatoa SR license holders is $100 - the difference for the bridge.
You get to keep your existing Krakatoa SR license, and get a Krakatoa C4D workstation license.
The only drawback is that your support will switch to KC4D, so in the future as new versions of Krakatoa SR and Krakatoa C4D are introduced (e.g. Magma node-based channel editing in KC4D), you will be entitled to only upgrading the KC4D. Your SR license will remain permanent, but you won’t be able to upgrade it if new versions of SR are released.

If the Effex2 integration is good enough for you, we won’t be forcing you to switch, of course.

What do you mean by great words and the outcoming? I can clearly tell the outcome is by far better for everybody and beyond my expectations.

Sure, if you don’t need the many features KC4D is superior to that other version…why bother then;)

That sounds good, Bobo.

So, for 100 $ difference I think I will make the switch as your integration is basically sure better.
One thing that votes strongly for Samir’s solution is, that Krakatoa is executed as a post-effect in C4D, so I have it directly in my beauty-render and can use it directly along with my main render engine (I made my samples posted here in the forum with Iray & Krakatoa).
Your plugin (in the beta) is only executed as a main render-engine from what I saw so far, so I always have to comp it with the main render later in post production.
Would it be possible to implement it also as a post-effect-option to directly execute it over the main render to bypass the comp-procedure in post ?

Tyler:
No stress, buddy.
There was no information anywhere (I found) that it would only cost a 100 $ difference for existing SR-holders.
So, I assumed that we would have to pay the full amount again for the C4D-version, what wouldn’t have been so nice, right?

This isn’t really reasonable, as you would loose flexibility for further compositing, which is the basic workflow for Krakatoa.

Sure, for highest professional demands, that’s right.
But for quick results like concepts, tryouts etc. or even when you don’t need the high-end stuff, it would be a good option.
So, if it’s possible to code it, it would be really nice to have it.

this price is extremely fair imho.
Krakatoa is by far the fastest, most flexible, most stable and most powerful (think of volumetrics and repopulation) point renderer there is on the market. worldwide.
i say all this without being paid by Thinkbox (i work for AixSponza in Munich since 2008) or having ANY other relationships to them besides being a betatester.
period.
fuat

Well, you can still do the same thing as the DPIT plugin using Krakatoa C4D, however, it does require that you save out the the “occluded particle pass”, and use a compositing program. So it’s a little more work.
(This is how to do it in Maya. It’s the same concept in C4D: thinkboxsoftware.com/kmy-com … nd-mattes/ )

I can see how doing the auto-compositing might be useful in C4D, so I wouldn’t rule it out as a possibility for something we could add in the future.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences