AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Scene clipping?

Hi TB,

I have a very basic scene I was trying to setup with X-Particles and Krakatoa and have noticed some clipping of the particles.

At certain distances, the particles are visible and when the camera travels too far out, it clips the particles so they are no longer able to be seen. This occurs when there is no camera in the scene as well (default camera).

I have tried to set the project settings, “View Clipping” setting to huge and even set an enormous custom setting, but that does not alleviate the problem. I have also gone into the X-Particles settings in the preferences panel and adjusted the “Scene Boundary Limit”, but this also does not help and clipping still occurs.

Is there something within the Krakatoa renderer that clips the scene to certain boundary limits?

Thanks,

Jason

*Note - in the scene file attached, let it play to about frame 90, then render to the viewer. You will see that it clips the particles around that distance.
scene_clip_01.c4d.zip (46.2 KB)

Try adding a Krakatoa Camera tag to your camera then check the ‘Override Far Clipping’ and see if that fixes your problem. It did when I just did a test with your scene.

Gah!

pnoland – thank you –

Still learning, forget about the tags sometimes.

Appreciate the insight!

• Jason

No problem! I’m still fumbling my way through things as well. :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences