Wondering if anyone had any experience with Deadline and Silhouette FXs command line renderer.
I got it working on my farm on Windows. Trying now for a mixed farm of Linux and Windows.
After getting beyond path swapping and the like I thought I had it working after I got beyond this:
2019-05-08 17:55:25: 0: STDOUT: /opt/silhouette6/sfxcmd: error while loading shared libraries: libHalf.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2019-05-08 17:55:25: 0: INFO: Process exit code: 127
Per Silhouettes Documentation you have to inject a LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable pointing to the included library .so’s to even get sfxcmd to run
However after getting beyond that, and a second look it appears i have STDOUT issue
2019-05-08 18:34:45: 0: INFO: Startup Directory: "/opt/SilhouetteFX/silhouette6"
2019-05-08 18:34:45: 0: INFO: Process Priority: BelowNormal
2019-05-08 18:34:45: 0: INFO: Process Affinity: default
2019-05-08 18:34:45: 0: INFO: Process is now running
2019-05-08 18:34:45: 0: STDOUT: Could not create output directory: .
Could not create output directory. The directory is already there on our network storage.
On windows slaves it has no issues however. Also another odd bit after it says could not create output directory, it appears the linux slave is trying to write to a Windows Z based network path.
2019-05-08 18:31:47: 0: STDOUT: Module: /opt/SilhouetteFX/silhouette6/resources/modules/libwarp.module
2019-05-08 18:31:47: 0: STDOUT: OFX Plugins: /opt/SilhouetteFX/silhouette6/resources/modules
2019-05-08 18:31:47: 0: STDOUT: OFX Plugin: /opt/SilhouetteFX/silhouette6/resources/modules/Silhouette.ofx.bundle (133 effects)
2019-05-08 18:31:47: 0: STDOUT: OFX Plugins: /usr/OFX/Plugins
2019-05-08 18:31:47: 0: STDOUT: Rendering frame Z:\REDACTED\derp1055.exr…
2019-05-08 18:31:48: 0: INFO: Process exit code: 0
2019-05-08 18:31:48: 0: Done executing plugin command of type ‘Render Task’
2019-05-08 18:31:48: 0: Render time for frame(s): 1.394 s
When I have path swapping for the Silhouette Plugin set to false I get tons of weird characters and it fails.
Some examples of the weird characters:
2019-05-09 15:58:40: 0: CheckPathMapping: Swapped "���47� �ශG=:(��ׇ��j7��J$�[X��tB��IGJ\��_��Fd��w��ge$Ԥ>�#
With it on it appears to “complete” in deadline monitor but not actually write out the frames that hit linux slaves. Hopefully someone has an idea out there of where Im going wrong. Another thing to note is I have Nuke reading and writting out frames with a mixed farm setup, same mapped paths under configure repository options. Thanks