AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Slave info videocard selection

Hello,

When the Slave info updates, what is it running to determine what to put in the video card column in the monitor?
We have a few windows machines that show up an odd graphics card, and would like to know where this is gathered so we can either reinstall drivers in a better order or fake what deadline is quering :wink:

Cheers
Kym

1 Like

I’m pretty certain we’re returning the first video card we find (:frowning:) , which on Windows is using the WMI class win32_VideoController. On my workstation, that ends up being an iGPU instead of my discrete GPU, which obviously isn’t ideal. Not certain if you can rejigger that on your end.

There’s probably a way we can better can query the one gpu we show. Ideally, I believe we’d want to show the full list of graphics cards, considering it’s very common to run multiple in one machine. But a better initial selection would probably be a decent stop gap.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks Morgan,

Its a start, for us to explore.
Do you know if this is still a case for the latest version of deadline?

cheers
Kym

Yea, this is still accurate as of the latest Deadline 10. This hasn’t changed in a while since its only functionality is to be used for Slave info display purposes.

Cheers

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences