AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

SMTD corrupt group on the sanity check

When I run the SMTD plugin there is nothing under the pool drop down and for group there is only blender and maxwell. So I added 3dsmax without a space to the pool and group in the deadline monitor.
When I reopen open max and run it again, I get a corrupt group on the sanity check?

Windows 7
3ds Max 2014
Vray
Deadline 7.2.0.10 R (f26c85d44)

Thanks, Nick
Capture.JPG

“Corrupted Groups” are completely unrelated to the Deadline Groups.

A “Group” in 3ds Max is a special type of hierarchy where multiple objects are parented to a Group Head that draws a gizmo around them, and can be “opened” and “closed”. A “Corrupt Group” is a Group Head helper without any children. Normally, when you delete a group, or explode it, the Group Head should be deleted automatically. The check simply runs through all objects, looks if they are of Group Head type, and whether they have any children objects. If a Group Head is found with zero children, the Sanity Check shows the message. Simply right-click the message (as instructed by the title of the listview showing the errors), and a MAXScript function will be run to delete these orphaned Group Head objects from the scene, thus fixing the issue.
This is true for any error - right-clicking on the message will try to fix it.

Thanks Bobo,

The scene did submit ok, just thought this might cause problems later.

Cheers, Nick

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences