AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Stoke and FumeFx channels

Hello,
I have a little doubt :question: :question: ,

Usually my workflow is fumefx sim==>Stoke sim==>Stoke’s PRT with magma flow modifier==>Krakatoa.

So, I would know which channels from my fume fx sim are saved automatically in my final PRT? Which are all FumeFx channels that I can choose ? there is a chance to choose the channels that I need?

Thanks.

It depends :slight_smile:

The Stoke 1.0 particle simulation only provides the option to acquire a channel from the distribution object once and stick the value to the particle for its whole life. So if your distribution object happens to be a Krakatoa PRT FumeFX (and if one does not have a Krakatoa license, it is not an excuse, as one could use a license-free installation of Krakatoa without paying, we insist on it! :wink: ), then you can lock any channel that was available in the PRT FumeFX at the time of emission, like Temperature etc. thinkboxsoftware.com/stoke-mx-and-fumefx/
But you cannot directly update channels from the voxels where the Stoke particles are passing through - only the Velocity channel would be used. You would need to add a Krakatoa Magma modifier to the Stoke Particle Simulator (or PRT Loader) and sample the channels from the PRT FumeFX’ particles to keep them updated. So it is doable, just not automatic.
If you are emitting directly from the Source channel of a FumeFX simulator, currently you don’t get any other channels locked.

We might make the acquisition of FumeFX (or other field sources) channels easier in future Krakatoa versions via a dedicated InputField node in Krakatoa Magma - we already added it to the Genome version that will be shipping as part of Stoke 2.0, so you can easily affect a mesh with a FumeFX simulation’s channels.

Hope this helps…

Thanks bobo!

The FumeFx PRT and stoke workflow doesn’t like me very much! I need a lot of voxel in FumeFx simulation to reach an accaptable result.

Usually my workflow are FumeFx sim with obj.source=>Stoke=>Magma=>Krakatoa.

So with this workflow I have all “essential” channels (Position, Velocity, Age&lifespan, Id and density) right?

Thank

I am not sure what you mean. Whatever the count of the voxels is in FumeFX, you need ONE particle for each voxel, without Jittering, to provide a simple way to sample the grid data. A simple Magma with NeatestParticle should be able to then provide data to your Stoke particles. You will STILL have the exactly same workflow with FumeFX->Stoke particles for the particle motion, but with the added Magma to capture more channels into the particles from the PRT FumeFX onto the Stoke particles.

I agree that it would be neat if the Stoke particles could do the sampling themselves, but since there is a workaround, and most other fields don’t really provide more than a Velocity field, it sounded like a lower priority feature…

Thanks’ bobo. Now, everything it’s more clear!Thanks again :smiley:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences