AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Stoke Installer Reset

What does stoke install that requires the system reset afterwards?

Not sure what you are talking about. Can you elaborate?

I tried to install stoke on my server machine, where all the slaves load the plugin which makes it easy to update in one location. I’ve done this with THinkbox plugins going back as far as I can remember. I tried it with Stoke2 and it wouldn’t load the DLO, even when I explicity launched max on the machine and tried to load the new plugin. But after I installed Stoke using the installer on each machine it worked fine, even when I rewrote the plugin.ini to load the plugin from the same location I had been trying to load it before. The only thing that was peculiar was that after running the Stoke installer it prompted that it couldn’t update the necessary files or something like that, and the machine would need to restart to finish the installation properly. This lead me to believe that Stoke was installing some file beyond the traditional Thinkbox plugin that may be the root cause of why the process didn’t work this time.

Looking at the Installer source, we install the following components that are prerequisites but not part of the Stoke MX installation folder structure itself (they go into the OS folders):

Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86_x64.msm
Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x64.msm
Microsoft_VC110_CRT_x64.msm
libiomp5md.dll

Stoke uses Intel MKL (Math Kernel Library) which adds a runtime dependency on their OpenMP implementation (libiomp5md.dll) which means we need to install that as well. They don’t have a merge module for this, so we dump the file into the \System32 folder of Windows. The alternative would be to copy the file to the Max root folder, which we don’t like much.
This is most probably the one DLL that is causing your problems that the installer solves.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences