AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

STOKE MX And Legacy Particles tutorial mistake

Oups sorry, I pasted the wrong link, it’s in the following tutorial:
thinkboxsoftware.com/stk2-ve … -tangents/
in the “The Basic Magma Flow” section
“In the new InputGeometry node, pick the Torus as the only source mesh.
Drag a connection from the second input socket of the NearestPoint operator and release over an empty area of the Editor to create an InputChannel Position node. A ToWorld conversion node will also be inserted, but since Field Magma operates entirely in World Space, the InputChannel Position is already in World space and that node is not really necessary (it is left for consistency with other Magma-based tools).”

there is also a mention about this in the Krakatoa Magma 2 doc:
thinkboxsoftware.com/magma-2 … n-workflow
in the "Creating Nodes By Wire Dragging From Input Or Output Sockets " section.
“In another example, dragging a wire from the Lookup Point (WS) input socket of the same NearestPoint operator node will create a Position InputChannel node converted to World Space by a ToWorld node. Holding the CTRL key whole releasing the mouse button will override this behavior and pop up the Create Node menu instead.”

I found a typo in that one:
thinkboxsoftware.com/stoke-m … olling-pf/
“Select the VecNoise operator again and press the * key on the Numeric Keypad to insert a Multiply operator between the VecNoise and the Velcity Output.”

Here:
thinkboxsoftware.com/stoke-3 … as-fields/

at the beginning you say: Use Stoke menu > “Create a Field MAGMA object…” to create a new default Stoke Field Magma object."

Maybe better to mention to hold shift while clicking.

“In the InputField node’s parameters, click on the Pick Field Source button and then pick the Wind from the scene.”

the button is called “Pick Field Object”.

I don’t see the colors of the vectors in the magma flow like in your screenshot:

Looks under the Options menu…
I will add a note about this.

This is now fixed.

This is correct, in Krakatoa Magma and in Genome, the ToWorld node will be made. In Stoke, we decided eventually to remove the additional node to make flows less cluttered.

ok thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences