AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Stoke Particle Position

I simulated Stoke particles from FumeFX (the first time using Stoke, I am a complete newbie). Strangely, it created the Stoke particles on top of my fume container (which is below Z 0). I was also wondering I couldn’t move it at all. How can I make it mach closer to the FumeFX?

Stoke particles are simulated in world space according to the position of the Distribution object(s) (emitters), regardless of where the Stoke icon is created. The only way to move Stoke particles around is to create a Krakatoa PRT Loader using the PRT files saved by Stoke, or to add a Magma modifier and shift the Position channel by a user-defined Vector value. Both require at least the Evaluation version of Krakatoa MX.

I have no idea why your particles ended up on top of the container - what was the emitter set to?

I guess so. I usually create my FumeFX emitter object anywhere in the scene, close to the container, right where my mouse cursor happens to be.

What does the FumeFX Emitter object have to do with Stoke?
You are supposed to pick the container (FumeFX simulation grid) as distribution source AND as velocity field source.
It is not even possible to pick a FumeFX emitter object (e.g. FFX Simple Src) in Stoke.

Samples (screenshots or scene) please! :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences