AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Submitting auxiliary files from a remote source

I’m currently trying to set up a python script for submitting Natron files automatically generated on a remote website, including auxiliary files stored on the same website.

I’m sending jobs using the web service, and it’s basically working, but as soon as I try and send the auxiliary files with the job, I get this:

Error: One or more auxiliary files for the job were not successully copied during submission, check for network or server issues and try again. (Deadline.Submission.DeadlineSubmissionException)

I’ve read a number of things saying that I need to ensure that the files are really visible to the machine running the web service, and they definitely are, as I can call them up in a browser.
I’m guessing it’s a question of permissions, but I’m at a loss at the moment about where to look for the problem.

Has anyone tried doing this? Or have actually managed it?
Any tips would be gratefully received :o)

Dave

Okay, I just found this:

> # IMPORTANT NOTE:
> #
> # For testing purposes, the AuxFiles array is left empty in this script. To actually function, a CommandScript job
> # requires the text file to hold the command(s) to be run. Therefor, in practice, within the JSON data the AuxFiles
> # name would contain the path to the text file that contains the actual command: "AuxFiles":["/path/to/command.txt"]
> #
> # The REST API does not handle file transfer, so the filename(s) supplied in the AuxFiles array must be given from the
> # perspective of the web service, rather than from the perspective of the client that is making the REST call. This
> # implies that the files should be transferred to a location visible to the web service prior to the submission
> # of the Job.
> #

That seems to cover my problem with sending the auxiliary files, but I’m not sure I really understand what it means…
Like I said above, the filepaths I’m using are definitely visible for the Web Service, so I just need to understand the first paragraph.

It seems that support here is not really existent any more…
Never mind, maybe someone else will know something.

This still all has to do with my original question, but I’ve still not gotten anything to work :o(
I’ve been trying to submit a job using the REST API through a PHP script on the web server.
Using this example:

the only response I get from the Deadline Web Service is bool(false)
It doesn’t matter whether I GET, PUT or POST, the response is always bool(false)

Talking directly to the web service, GETs work, but nothing else seems to.

If anyone has any idea at all of what is going on, I’d love to hear about it.
Or if anyone has working examples of job submission through a web server, I’d love to see it.

Dave

Support is highly existent in the official Support channel, driven by Zendesk.

You must either email support@thinkboxsoftware.com which creates a ticket, or you open the ticket via the Web interface here: https://awsthinkbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

These forums are mainly for peer-to-peer communication.

It used to be different.
But thanks for the reply, I just assumed that a general question belonged here, obviously it doesn’t.
I‘ll write a ticket.

Yes, that was true maybe 10 years ago. :slight_smile:
Then we switched to osTicket for support tickets handling, and about 3 years ago we switched to Zendesk. These steps made the forums quieter and quieter.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences