AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Super Slow Frost Rendering/Xmeshing

So over the past 2 days I’ve run into this weird problem. I’m using the latest version of Frost(Beta license) alongside the latest of Krakatoa, and Xmesh. I’ve been importing the .bin sequence and then exporting that out with Krakatoa - to import with a PRT loader. Then, I was meshing with Frost and trying to Xmesh that mesh out. So the problem came when I was doing quick render tests with no lights and it was taking FOREVER to render a single frame. My particle count is only ~19k.

Now, just to cover my bases, I opened up pflow in a new scene and just shot out like 50 thousand particles, Frosted them, and hit render. It took seconds. So this got me curious and I used the previous PRT Loader and piped it through a Krakatoa PRT Birth with a Krakatoa PRT Update. Oddly enough, when I selected the pflow event, it rendered in seconds. And, just to cover my bases even more, I selected the PRT Loader again and that was at the start of this post and it’s still attempting to render.

The only thing I could think of that is out of the ordinary is in the scene with the realflow .bin sequence, I used Frost to increase the particle count and mapped the velocity to Map channel 3, on top of a velocity channel. Other than that, I can’t really think of why this would be so slow.

Would it be possible for you to please send us a scene file and a particle file that reproduces this problem? You can send us files by using our ticket system. You may need to ZIP the files to get them through.

Hey Paul, I actually ended up just re-solving it. I think it had more to do with Realflow because after the new solve, there were no problems whatsoever. Realflow has a lot of updating to do.

Alright, thank you for letting us know!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences