AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Support for Adobe After Effects 2022

Hello,

Adobe just released After Effects 2022, with a fix for the “aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918” bug on OSX workers. Is there a schedule in place for supporting this new version? Thanks!

1 Like

Subscribed

I have similar question.

Thanks

1 Like

+1. Would like to know when there will be an update support for After Effects 2022 on Windows. Thx

What’s with the non-response from the Deadline people? I have an artist asking for this and I’m getting similar errors.

has anyone put a ticket in regarding this and have a ticket number?

I’ve not tested it myself but assume I’ll come across the issue, i’ll see if I can update Ae and check.

Good point. I just placed ticket #105756.

I’m new to Deadline and didn’t know whether the process was to ask the forum first or go straight to support.

Apparently it’s just a change to a text file in the Repo. “DeadlineRepository10\plugins\AfterEffects\AfterEffects.param” to be exact.

I’ve included what I changed in my file with the 2021 section on the top for context and to see what changed for 2022. I got a render though, so I think it worked? Having another issue with my logs but I have an image on my network.

[RenderExecutable18_0]
Type=multilinemultifilename
Label=After Effects CC 2021 Render Executable
Category=Render Executables
CategoryOrder=0
Index=12
Default=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\aerender.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2021\Support Files\aerender.exe;/Applications/Adobe After Effects 2021/aerender;/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2021/aerender
Description=The path to the After Effects CC 2021 executable file used for rendering. Enter alternative paths on separate lines.

[RenderExecutable22_0]
Type=multilinemultifilename
Label=After Effects CC 2022 Render Executable
Category=Render Executables
CategoryOrder=0
Index=13
Default=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2022\Support Files\aerender.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2022\Support Files\aerender.exe;/Applications/Adobe After Effects 2022/aerender;/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2022/aerender
Description=The path to the After Effects CC 2022 executable file used for rendering. Enter alternative paths on separate lines.
3 Likes

hey garrett!
Thanks for the code.

I tried that and unfortunately I still get the error that the aerender 22 can’t be found.
Should there be a ae 22 tab in the “configure plugins” in the deadline monitor? Because there isn’t…
My AfterEffects executable list ends with AE 2020.

EDIT: Make sure you have no custom AE param file in the Repository (/custom/plugins/After Effects)
that overwrites the the default param file.

Thanks garrett! Works perfectly!

If someone stumbles over this error:
aerender SYNTAX ERROR: Illegal argument flag: -mp

Disabling multiprocesing in the DeadlineAEsubmitter helped.

3 Likes

Good to know about the custom param file, Chris! I wanna see how to get multi-frame exposed next, if that’s possible. I’d like to enable that per-job rather than per-host.

Late to the game, but I can´t even install the submitter?
What do I do to make it work for After Effects 2022?
Didn´t realize the submission scripts get updates so infrequently so I didn´t check before upgrading After Effects and now I can´t submit to the farm…

The installer is just a Client and Submitter jsx file which are meant to work across all versions of Ae. If you haven’t added the new 2022 executable to AfterEffects.param that could be causing your issue.

And it looks like there is official support for 2022 now as of 10.1.21.4.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/release-notes.html#contents

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences