AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

TaskTimeoutMinutes ignored

I’m submitting jobs through the deadline REST api and have been specifying a timeout with
TaskTimeoutMinutes. However it looks like its being ignored when the job is submitted.

i see this in my job info parameters:

Denylist=

EventOptIns=

ExtraInfo6=xxx

FailureDetectionTaskErrors=1

Frames=0

Group=xxx

MachineName=xxx

Name=xxx

OverrideNotificationMethod=True

OverrideTaskExtraInfoNames=False

OverrideTaskFailureDetection=True

Plugin=Python

Priority=40

Region=

ScheduledStartDateTime=29/03/2024 11:24

TaskTimeoutSeconds=10800

UserName=xxx

This is appearing despite my override which I do see in my REST submission response as
'"TaskTimeoutMinutes": "360"

I should be setting that timeout to 6 hours. But it always ends up as 3.
Is there some other extra override I need to provide?

Thanks!

I realized that I could send a POST request to the job to modify the timeout after it was submitted.
This is probably my best bet.

Thanks!

When you submit a job with " TaskTimeoutMinutes" specified in the jobinfo file, the value in minutes gets converted into seconds when the Job submission is processed. So If I have specified 360 minutes in the “TaskTimeoutMinutes” value, after submission you will see the below in the jobs submission parameters:

TaskTimeoutSeconds=21600

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.3/1_User%20Manual/manual/manual-submission.html?highlight=tasktimeoutminutes#timeout

• TaskTimeoutMinutes=<0 or greater> : Specifies the time, in minutes, a Worker has to render a task before it times out (default = 0, which means unlimited). Note that if TaskTimeoutSeconds and TaskTimeoutMinutes are both specified, TaskTimeoutSeconds will be ignored.
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences