AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

The rendering speed of Deadline via AWS

Hi everyone,

I have some questions.

1. I have choiced p3.2xlarge instance type. This is the result below.

It spend about 3 minutes to start rendering.
    This depends on network speed? The aws portal is uploading the assets at this time?

2. When I choiced p3.2xlarge instance type, it spends 20 seconds per 1 frame to render.
    I want it to boost speed. But I can’t choose more good instance type than p3.2xlarge at ap-northeast-1. What do you have idea about this except improving my network environment? I am going to improve my network environment.

Best regards
Taka

The assets are uploaded on demand, but once they are cached, they are reused. So there is a startup cost you pay once.
Don’t know what to recommend for speedup. It’s best to profile these things to find what is slow.
p3.2xlarge can be insufficient for heavy scenes.

1 Like

If you think it is the asset portal transfer time – maybe you can do some tests with using “Precache assets for AWS Portal” – should be in the integrated submitter / rop.

If the infrastructure is already started, it should attempt to push the assets up when the job is submitted.

1 Like

Also given its only the first task that takes 3 minutes and all these tasks are on the same instance I’d bet that 2:30 of those 3 minutes are spent starting C4D and loading the scene.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences