AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Trouble net rendering frost meshing PhoenixFD

Hi,

Like I said in another post, I am using frost to mesh directly some drag particles emited by a liquid simulation in PhoenixFD. It works well locally. It even works well on when I load the scene on another computer. My PhoenixFD cache input path is in unc path and it renders correctly when I use PhoenixFD mesheer to render on the farm.

Also frost is rendering correctly on the farm when meshing anything else than PhoenixFD. It just does not render on the farm when meshing PhoenixFd particles.

So now I have to fond out who is the culprit. PhoenixFD or Frost.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you for your report! I have reproduced the problem, and I am looking into it now.

As a workaround, would it be possible for you to save your Phoenix FD particles to PRT files using Krakatoa, and then load the PRT files into Frost?

You can do this using the free version of Krakatoa. If you do not have a copy of Krakatoa, please contact our sales department to get access to the download.

You can find instructions on how to save PRT files here.

It’s working correctly for me now. My mistake was that I did not set the Phoenix FD output path (using the PHXSimulator node -> Output rollout -> path control).

Are you using Deadline? If so, what version are you using?

What version of 3ds Max, Phoenix FD, and Frost are you using?

Would it be possible for you to please send us a scene file that reproduces this problem? You can send us files using our ticket system. You may need to ZIP the scene file to get it through.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences