AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Trying to connect to server from MacOS

Hi,
I am trying to connect to a PC Running Deadline Server from a Mac (Ventura 13.5.2 (22G91)). I get alot of different problems, but now I am stuck on this when I try to connect to Direct Connection.

The Monitor was unable to connect to the specified Repository (/Volumes/Deadline).

Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB servers defined in the "Hostname" parameter of the "settings/connection.ini" file in the root of the Repository.

The following errors were encountered:

* ws00109: Internal error
   at Deadline.StorageDB.MongoDB.MongoDBUtils.HandleException(String serverAddress, Exception ex, String optionalMessagePrefix)
   at Deadline.StorageDB.RepositoryConnect.DirectRepositoryStorage.a(DirectConnectionSettings os, Int32 ot, X509Certificate2 ou, X509Certificate2 ov)
   at Deadline.StorageDB.RepositoryConnect.DirectRepositoryStorage..ctor(RepositoryConnectionSettings repositoryConnectionSettings, Int32 connectionPoolSize, Boolean leanConnect, X509Certificate2 dbClientCert, X509Certificate2 rootCA, Boolean skipVersionCheck, Boolean isRCS, DataControllerUpdateClient updateClient, HttpClient httpClient)
   at Deadline.StorageDB.RepositoryConnect.DirectRepositoryStorage..ctor(RepositoryConnectionSettings repositoryConnectionSettings, X509Certificate2 dbClientCert, X509Certificate2 rootCA, Boolean skipVersionCheck, Boolean isRCS, DataControllerUpdateClient updateClient, HttpClient httpClient)
   at Deadline.StorageDB.RepositoryConnect.RepositoryStorageManager.ConnectToRepository(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings, Boolean skipVersionCheck, DataControllerUpdateClient updateClient, HttpClient httpClient)
   at Deadline.Controllers.DataController.ConnectToRepository(RepositoryConnectionSettings connectionSettings)
   at Deadline.Controllers.DataController.SetupConnectionSettings(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings)
   at Deadline.Controllers.DataController.Initialize(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings)
   at Deadline.Controllers.DataController..ctor(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings)
   at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.CreateDataController(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings)
   at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.Connect(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings, Boolean updateScriptManager)
   at Deadline.Monitor.MonitorManager.Connect(RepositoryConnectionSettings connectionSettings, Boolean updateScriptManager)

I have tried to add “Hostname=ws00109, 10.xxx.xxx.xxx” in the connection.ini file. Does nothing.
*(don’t want to show real IP).

This is what I get when trying to use RCS:

The Monitor was unable to connect to the specified server (10.xxx.xxx.xxx:4433 (Deadline10Client.pfx)).

Failed to establish connection to 10.xxx.xxx.xxx:4433 due to a communication error.
 ---> Interop+AppleCrypto+SslException: Internal error
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Deadline.Controllers.RemoteDataController..ctor(RepositoryConnectionSettings settings)
   at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.CreateDataController(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings)
   at Deadline.Applications.DeadlineApplicationManager.Connect(RepositoryConnectionSettings connSettings, Boolean updateScriptManager)
   at Deadline.Monitor.MonitorManager.Connect(RepositoryConnectionSettings connectionSettings, Boolean updateScriptManager)

Please help, I going crazy here…

1 Like

For the database connection issue I’d be interested in getting the application logs for the day from that machine. It’s clearly reading that your database machine is named ws00109, but failing on a connection to the machine in question. If you’d like to avoid posting those logs publicly you can either send them to me in a direct message, or create a ticket at awsthinkbox.zendesk.com.

For the issue with the RCS you’ve got the database certificate used there - the RCS certificate is named Deadline10RemoteClient.pfx.

Thanks Justin. I have sent a mail about 6 hours ago to the support but have not heard back. That’s shy I posted here. I have had som progress, now I get this error when trying to connect to RCS.

The Monitor was unable to connect to the specified server (10.xxx.xxx.xxx:4433 (Deadline10RemoteClient.pfx)).

Failed to establish connection to 10.xxx.xxx.xxx:4433 due to a communication error.
 ---> Interop+AppleCrypto+SslException: Internal error
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Deadline.Controllers.RemoteDataController..ctor(RepositoryConnectionSettings settings)

Ah that’ll be because the support team’s hours are from 9am to 5pm Central Standard Time, so we’re just getting started for the day.

From this error I’d like to see the application logs. The Interop+AppleCrypto+SslException: Internal error makes me wonder if the new MacOS is grumpy about the certificates we’ve made.

I’ll keep an eye on the ticket system for something from your forums email - or call out this thread in the ticket. Or DM me those files. :slight_smile:

Aa I see, I thought you were global :slight_smile: Sorry. I am in Europe so…
Maybe, I am on Ventura 13.5.2. It’s not the new one that came out this or last week.

I have got some answers from the support, which is great. There is no solution yet.
Hope I wake up to a good email full of answers, time for bed here.

I have got exactly the same error on Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2 with Deadline 10.3.0.13.
Any solution so far?
All windows clients cann connect to the repository.

I use a direct connection.

Nothing conclusive yet - are you also running your RCS on Windows?

We’ve tested connecting a MacOS client to a MacOS RCS running on the same machine without issue. It’s not conclusive by any means, we’ll be looking at it more tomorrow.

Yes I am running the RCS on the PC too. The PC can connect fine. I have not tried to set up a RCS on the Mac (it´s a bit messy setup so I have not taken the time to do it).

Right now PC (client/worker) to PC (RCS/worker) is what we must have, but we would love to be able to use Mac (client) to PC (RCS/worker) also.

We are also trying to set up Unreal Engine 5 to RCS, but have had no luck so far. A separate discussion is ongoing.

1 Like

We’ve had the same issues today, with a mac os ventura machine. There is a direct connection to a shared windows machine that has the repo and the database. all the win machines connect fine, but today i wanted to add a mac and i 'm having the same issues :frowning:

saw that the new update for deadline has signed tha apps for macos. (Deadline 10.3.1.4). Anyone had a chance to test if this fixes the issue mentioned above?

1 Like

did you try it? I’m also stuck on OSX but all PCs are connecting perfectly.

No I have not had the change / time to test it. I hope it will work in the future as this would greatly help me when I work remote from my Mac.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences