AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Unable to import pyroexr in Deadline 10

I have created my local environment and pip installed pyroexr into it. the script is working fine on the local environment but when I moved this script to deadline 10 It gave me the No module defined pyroexr. please help me to pip install pyroexr into deadline 10 environment.

Steps to Manually Install a .whl File Without pip:

1. Download the .whl File: Go to PyPI or the project’s website and download the Wheel file for the package you need. Ensure that the package version is compatible with your Python version and system architecture. ( pyroexr · PyPI )
  2. Rename the .whl File to .zip: This allows you to open the Wheel file with any standard archive manager. The renaming doesn’t change the content of the file; it just makes it easier to access the contents since .whl files are essentially zip archives.
  3. Extract the Contents: Use any zip file manager to open and extract the contents of the .zip file.
  4. Copy to the Target Directory:
  • If you have a shared network drive or a specific directory for Deadline plugins and Python modules, you can copy the extracted contents there. Make sure this directory is included in the PYTHONPATH environment variable so Python can locate these modules.
  • Alternatively, you can directly copy the contents to the site-packages directory of the Python installation that Deadline uses, typically found in <YourDrivePath>:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline10\bin\python3\Lib\site-packages. This approach installs the package directly into the Deadline Python environment.

( Zip/WHI File Look like this)
Screenshot 2024-04-06 143055
( Copy to the Target Directory )

( run deadlines python from a terminal window test to make sure package is working )

Considerations:

• Compatibility: Verify that the .whl file is compatible with your Python version and system architecture. The naming convention of Wheel files includes tags indicating the Python version (cp310 for Python 3.10, in your example), ABI (Application Binary Interface), and platform.
  • Dependencies: This method does not automatically handle dependencies. If the package you’re installing depends on other packages, you’ll need to download and install those as well.
  • Environment Variables: If using a shared directory for Python modules, ensure that the PYTHONPATH environment variable is correctly set up on all systems that need to access these modules. This variable tells Python where to look for modules in addition to the standard locations.
  • Testing: After installation, it’s a good idea to test that Python can import the module correctly. This can be as simple as running a Python interpreter and trying to import the module.

@Derek_E_Zavada It worked. Thank You for your solution.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences